The Dutch government announced new measures in a press conference today to put an end to the increase in the number of Covid infections in the Netherlands. These measures, which have a limited effect on upcoming events at RAI Amsterdam, are temporary in nature and will be implemented on Saturday 13 November at 18:00 PM.
The following measures apply at events in RAI Amsterdam for a period of three weeks:
- At events where fixed seating applies, such as at conferences, the maximum amount of visitors is 1250 per hall. These events can take place from 06:00 am until 18:00 pm. Theatre productions are not limited to a specified time frame.
- At events with a flow of visitors, such as trade fairs, there is no limit to the amount of visitors. These events can also take place from 06:00 am until 18:00 pm.
- In both cases showing a valid corona entry pass is required. This means that a person is either fully vaccinated, has a valid Covid negative test (valid for up to 24 hours) or has a valid recovery certificate. A valid paper version of the corona entry pass is also accepted. A health check (triage) is also performed.
- Other types of events, such as festivals, are prohibited.
- For catering activities at events, fixed seating applies, except for take away.
Measures at other locations during your stay
The social distancing measure is reintroduced at locations where a corona entry pass is not used to gain access. As of 13 November, a valid corona entry ticket is required to access cultural locations, such as museums, cinemas and theaters. This was already the case in restaurants and cafes, where the new mandatory closing time is set for 20:00 and 06:00. Non-essential shops are required to close their doors at 18:00. The use of a face mask is mandatory to gain entry to public locations where a corona entry pass is not yet required, such as shops, supermarkets and libraries. The use of a face mask is also still mandatory when using public transport as well as at airports.
All necessary measures to ensure a safe and responsible event for all attendees will be maintained at the RAI. This in accordance with our organisers. Since September 2021, events are possible again at the RAI and we will continue to do everything we can to maintain the high safety standard during our events. The new measures are currently being implemented in our protocols. Our corona protocol for organisers and exhibitors will also be made available on our website.