Mission & strategy
In 2018 we recalibrated our strategy for the period 2019 to 2022. Our mission remains unchanged. We wish to contribute to the sustainable development of people, markets and our environment. We give substance to this by:
- organising and facilitate high-quality events, with which we bring people together, connect and inspire;
- being an ideal, attractive meeting place for everyone;
- corporate social responsibility and creating both economic and social value.
Our strategic objectives help to achieve our mission. Until 2022 these are:
- Strengthening our core business by realising growth in events and communities
- Creating the optimal balance in social costs & benefits, thereby increasing our social value
Six pillars are aimed at achieving a high and stable result, within a social balance of costs and benefits:
- we like to serve our customers even better by expanding the range of our services;
- we develop, buy and recruit titles, with a focus on business-to-business events both in Amsterdam and abroad;
- we use technological developments to create added value for our customers and to work more efficiently;
- we create an attractive meeting place for everyone at our unique location in the heart of Amsterdam, before, during and after events;
- we offer an accessible and safe place for valuable meetings by increasing the number of m2 of space and improving logistics;
- we challenge ourselves to work smarter and build an optimal working climate for our employees.
RAI Vision 2030
In line with this strategy, we are working on improving the connection with the city and at the same time making the logistics process radically sustainable. More than is currently the case, we also want to improve the quality of life in our area for people of Amsterdam. We are discussing this with the municipality of Amsterdam. An important part of this plan is an adjustment of the logistics process, which spares the immediate (residential) environment when it comes to stocking for events in the RAI. With this we are responding to the upcoming environmental zone of the municipality.
We also want to add public functions to the area and thus make space available for the city. They are thinking of restaurants, sports centres and places to experience culture. We want to become the location where Amsterdam meets the world and improve the connection with the city and with the environment.