The central government and the Outbreak Management Team (OMT) are positive about the state of affairs regarding the corona virus in the Netherlands. During the press conference today, Friday 15 February, a broad set of relaxations was announced to be implemented on Tuesday 15 February, Friday 18 February and Friday 25 February. On this final date, all restrictive measures at trade fairs, exhibitions, conferences and theatre performances are to be lifted.
As of Friday 25 Februay, the following applies at events in the Netherlands:
- No restrictive measures at events with a flow of visitors, such as trade fairs and exhibitions. This means all measures concerning the number of visitors, social distancing, corona entry pass and wearing a face mask are lifted.
- No restrictive measures at seated events, such as conferences and theater performances.
- Only at other types of indoor events with more than 500 visitors and where fixed seating does not apply, such as at indoor festivals, a negative Covid test certificate is mandatory (1G).
Other relevant Covid measures that will apply as of Friday 25 February:
- When travelling to the Netherlands, we advise to check the following site of the Dutch government for any requirements.
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory at airports and in public transport.
- No restrictive measures apply in shops, restaurants, bars, cinemas, museums, theatres, concert halls, zoos and amusement parks.
We welcome the full relaxation of measures for events. Relevant events in the Netherlands are made accessible for all (international) visitors. As RAI, we adhere to the current hygiene regulations as prescribed by the RIVM, and will continue to draw attention to these regulations. We will keep a close eye on developments to ensure a safe, responsible and hospitable RAI Amsterdam at all times. We look forward to organising fantastic events with you.
See you soon at RAI Amsterdam!