17 February 2020: our status with regard to the Corona virus (COVID-19) remains unchanged. The precautions and advice mentioned below still apply.
RAI Amsterdam is closely following developments related to the Corona virus. We are in contact with specialised institutions and partners, including the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM), the municipal health service (GGD), Amsterdam council, Schiphol airport and KLM. Any measures required will be taken in consultation with clients and following the guidelines issued by RIVM and GGD. Our priority is always on safeguarding health and safety.
As for all on-site attendees and personnel we advise to follow these precautions:
- Avoid close contact with people suffering from acute respiratory infections
- Avoid handshaking or excessive contact, a simple verbal greeting, or fist bump will do
- Frequent hand washing, especially after direct contact with ill people or their environment
- People with symptoms of acute respiratory infection should practice cough etiquette (maintain distance, cover coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or clothing, and wash hands)
- Avoiding unprotected contact with farm or wild animals